I'm coming up on my sixth month here with all of you, and I continue to be amazed. The programs, the people, and the volunteers make this feel like a special place to be. I've enjoyed my time here, and I hope many of you feel the same.
Thank you for your patience, flexibility, and willingness to help as changes have been made in the shop. I have a vision for what we can accomplish together, and I'm excited about what's ahead. From the garage to the front end, I appreciate every one of you.
— Austin
Sales & Changes
I just want to take a second to recognize our June sales. The shop brought in $88,697, which is a 33% increase over last year! When I heard that number, my mind immediately went to the impact that's going to have on our programs. Yay!
Many of you have already noticed the new Kids' Corner by the north-facing window. Thanks to Ann S., we had hundreds of pop-up books to feature, and they sold very quickly! While it's a Kids' Corner now, this space will continue to change and evolve as we rotate different themes and featured merchandise throughout the year. We've also reimagined the Linens Department. It now feels more open, organized, and has room to breathe. If you're ever struggling with space or feel like your department has become a bit stagnant, I'm always here to help.
Help Needed
Do you love shoes?
We are looking for someone to help lead our Shoe Department!
We receive the coolest shoe donations, and if you enjoy keeping things organized and running smoothly, this could be a great fit for you. No experience with pricing? No problem- we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
Our backroom staff is always happy to share their knowledge and help you feel comfortable and confident.
Best Practices
A few people have asked that I send out a little refresher on some of our policies, especially the Hold Table policy: "Workers may not place items on hold while on duty. Workers whose shifts end at 4:00pm may place items on hold starting at 3:45pm and purchase them at closing. Otherwise, workers may shop only before or after their shift, if the store is open. Workers must remove their badge and/or apron while shopping. Backroom workers may shop before or after their shift, if the store is open."
I think this is a great policy because it gives our customers the best possible shopping experience while helping us maintain a culture of honesty and trust, which is one of the things that makes Uplift such a great place to be.
Kudos Corner
Steff and I would like to recognize Corey Newman. He joined Uplift in 2025 and has consistently stepped in wherever he’s needed. As someone who is still somewhat new to Uplift, I have been grateful for the way Corey has been there for the team. He brings a calm, friendly presence to the Donation Center and always makes customers feel welcome. Corey comes in early Saturday mornings to assist with the Tommy Picks group pickup, guides new volunteers when needed, and even took on a major role during the holiday closure last year. His commitment and positive attitude make a difference every time he's here.
Corey, thank you for your continued support. We appreciate all that you do!
Postscript:
We are also looking for another "Elf" to join the Christmas team! The schedule is very flexible, and it's a lot of fun! Come see me anytime if you have questions!
Comments
Post a Comment